Broken intake valve at 113,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Esko07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just got it all back together and it fired right back up! But there are some issues. Now it is throwing code P0010 for the camshaft position sensor even though I just replaced it and the magnetic actuator. Do I need to have it tuned now? I thought that was only for the crankshaft position sensor. Really appreciate all of the help so far and the positive vibes!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just got it all back together and it fired right back up! But there are some issues. Now it is throwing code P0010 for the camshaft position sensor even though I just replaced it and the magnetic actuator. Do I need to have it tuned now? I thought that was only for the crankshaft position sensor. Really appreciate all of the help so far and the positive vibes!
I don't think there is a camshaft sensor relearn procedure. Maybe a wire got nicked/pinched?

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Should just be able to R&R cam sensor without doing any type of relearn or correlation calibration. Maybe just try clearing code and see if it comes back. Check connector pins at a minimum.

OP
OP
E

Esko07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should just be able to R&R cam sensor without doing any type of relearn or correlation calibration. Maybe just try clearing code and see if it comes back. Check connector pins at a minimum.
Will check all of these first thing tmw and report back. Thank you!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks! I’ll make sure to check wiring. Hopefully it’s a simple fix.
I think @Snowbound had a good idea to try clearing that P0010 and see if it comes back. When first firing things up after being all apart, no oil in places that normally have oil, etc., you may have thrown a code that you might not see again. VVT uses oil pressure. ;)

OP
OP
E

Esko07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think @Snowbound had a good idea to try clearing that P0010 and see if it comes back. When first firing things up after being all apart, no oil in places that normally have oil, etc., you may have thrown a code that you might not see again. VVT uses oil pressure. ;)
Cleared the code, drove around for about 15 miles but it returned on next startup. Disconnected the actuator from the wiring harness and cleaned it up but didn’t see anything broken. The wiring is stiff to the touch as from the heat of the engine. Will need multimeter to test continuity next. Engine runs better than it ever has before though but I have the stabilitrack and service traction control dang it! Hope it’s only related to code P0030.

OP
OP
E

Esko07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cleared the code, drove around for about 15 miles but it returned on next startup. Disconnected the actuator from the wiring harness and cleaned it up but didn’t see anything broken. The wiring is stiff to the touch as from the heat of the engine. Will need multimeter to test continuity next. Engine runs better than it ever has before though but I have the stabilitrack and service traction control dang it! Hope it’s only related to code P0030.
Whoops, I mean code P0010 for the camshaft sensor actuator wiring open bank 1.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the shop manual was the Actuator Solenoid is a one use item. I believe that is related to the torque to yield status and probably isn’t the problem if you didn’t replace it, just thought I would throw it out. All the stuff I have seen about fixing the P0010 usually involves replacing that bolt. Again, totally anecdotal impressions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts