Broken cargo cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff53

Reaction score
The cargo cover in my Yukon XL will not retract automatically. Apparently, the spring mechanism isn't working on it. Has anyone been successful in repairing/rewinding one? Thanks.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that there might be some kind of plastic retainer clip inside that holds the end of the spring in place.

With age and use, I am betting there is some little chunk of plastic snapped off inside.

Metal spring could have failed, but my money would be on something plastic failing before metal fatigue.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have 2 available for sale if you can't fix yours. I'm in NJ--I'm sure shipping won't be cheap tho.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize that, but I was hoping someone had already done it so I don't end up breaking it trying to pull one or both of the ends off.
Gotcha... Please don't think I was trying to be a wise guy or snarky in my reply.

I was just thinking back to times I tried fixing things that were not designed as being serviceable as projects that didn't go as planned.
Usually ended up in the trash when there was no permanent or long term repair that would work or last as originally hoped.

If someone has fixed one of these covers successfully, I am sure they will chime in with what worked.

Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts