Brakes!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

L8RH8R

Reaction score
I may have figured out the problem. I noticed that when I am bleeding the brakes, the piston on the passenger side rear comes out and then completely retracts (1/4) once the pedal is released. The driver side rear retracts a small amount (1/16 at most). I'm going to replace the caliper and see if that solves the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
L

L8RH8R

Reaction score
I HAVE discovered the problem. I had an epiphany while at work. I recall either reading somewhere or watching a YouTube video in which the parking brake was "adjusted." After thinking on this for a bit, I realized that since my parking brake is not currently connected, I never adjusted it. The adjustment came in the form of working the parking brake lever on the caliper back and forth approximately 25-30 times (on the passenger side and 5-10 on the drivers side) which caused the piston to come out and STAY OUT. After a quick brake bleed, the pedal was firm and the brakes work like a champ. Thanks to all who chimed in. I'm a big dummy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy