Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonpen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my abs , traction control and brake light is on and I can’t for the life of me figure out where to start or diagnose the problem , brakes seem to be fine but when I accelerate to 40+ it starts shaking and when I let off the gas I can hear almost like a rubbing noise

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a wheel bearing failing that allows too much runout and causing problems with the ABS sensor at that wheel. If you do one wheel bearing, do both. Lift the tires off the ground, grab at 12 and 6 and see how much play you have. That can cause the lights, the shaking and the rubbing noise. If you drive straight and move the steering wheel slightly right that will load the left bearing and vice versa. The noises will change when you do that.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an ABS sensor issue, as I recently had the same issue. I replaced the front driver's side ABS sensor, and the issue was resolved. If you have a bi-directional scanner, such a a Tech 2, you can find exactly where the source of the issue is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar