Brakes "clicking"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving the hoe in a parking lot today, and when moving slowly I can hear a clicking/tapping sound after I apply the brakes. It is one single click. It only happens when moving at slow speeds and it isn't violent sounding, but very noticeable. Any ideas what this is? Is this normal? Both front pads and rotors were done about 4k ago.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your pins and pad ears are worn.
when you step on braks and pressure is applied the pads grab rotor then move abit due to worn ears and pins. hat makes the click you hear.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is just my .02 but i have always had a little click when ever i apply the brakes to me it sounds like a relay kickin on for the lamps

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
relay was only on truck body not the suv bodys.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

And that was in the under box.

OP
OP
HotCarl

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the pins and pad ears are worn... Can they break? I had a local shop do my front brakes so I assume they did not check or replace these, or is it not typical to replace them often?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you sun for the correction (no sarcasm implied):Handshake: