Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What does everyone recommend for brake pads?
Thanks
X

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with PowerStop z37... it's their police line... ceramic and carbon fiber... just put them on so can't say a lot but like them so far,..

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I went with the OEM(AC Delco) PPV semi-metallics instead of the PPV ceramics.......

They're noisy, produce a **** ton of dust.....but stop like a MOFO

On the rear I used the ceramics

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the vehicles ever owned, this one with its metallic pads puts out the least amount of dust. It's akin to ceramic pads; maybe it's the wheel design or that we keep it washed regularly, IDK. I just know they last a long time and it stops great.

Coincidentally, saw some posts over at GM-Trucks this morning about Hawks pads, they work great once warmed up, feel normal when colder, great for towing a fella said.

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Power stop z37 pads and their vented rotors
Stops better than anything I have used before.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll second the Hawk brake pads! They have been the only brand I’ve been using for a few years now.

NOTE: strongly recommend Bedding in the new pads. Look it up, both with new pads and rotors & new pads and used (still serviceable) rotors.

Any pad that’s just stuck on the vehicle and then driven without bedding in ruins the contact patch between rotor and pad in my opinion.

Of all the vehicles ever owned, this one with its metallic pads puts out the least amount of dust. It's akin to ceramic pads; maybe it's the wheel design or that we keep it washed regularly, IDK. I just know they last a long time and it stops great.

Coincidentally, saw some posts over at GM-Trucks this morning about Hawks pads, they work great once warmed up, feel normal when colder, great for towing a fella said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan