Brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive noticed a leak in my driver side brake lines. Its not a major leak but needs attention ASAP. I would prefer to use a braided brake line to make installation a little easier as well as making the line more durable. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
GCDenali

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im talking about the line that goes from the abs module to the rear of the truck

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a hink about... the copper nickel brakelines also called "cunifer". are these lines strong enough to withstand the high presssure creadted from the Hydra boost system ? - in case of a emergency braking

Greetings Juergen

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a hink about... the copper nickel brakelines also called "cunifer". are these lines strong enough to withstand the high presssure creadted from the Hydra boost system ? - in case of a emergency braking

Greetings Juergen
Well he uses them on his own trucks and everyone else who needs brake lines and I've slammed on my brakes a few times since having them and they are holding

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can swing it I'd say replace all the lines it's pretty common for the ****** factory lines to rot out, there are a few places that sell an SS line kit, or a shop could make them like mentioned above, I'd upgrade the rubber brake hoses to SS too it really firms up the pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, but you know what happens with ss lines, the rubber eventually wears out ..

Ni-copp whichi is the nickel copper alloy ( not really copper ) had been used in the UK and was the only lines that were legal, (for a while) and they had them on EVERYTHING. Steel was not allowed to be used at all. Nicopp lines are great, they flare easily, dont rust, and you can bend them by hand.

But thats also its downfall and i wouldnt do any off-roading with it lol

maximum burst pressure is around 800 bar, thats over 11,000 psi!! even in a heavy duty silverado 1 ton, your not applying more than 1500 psi with hydro boost

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed a leak in my driver side brake lines. Its not a major leak but needs attention ASAP. I would prefer to use a braided brake line to make installation a little easier as well as making the line more durable. Any suggestions?
ANY leak in the brake system is a MAJOR leak! Get that thing off the road until its fixed before you kill someone or yourself. Geez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts