Brake Job! 06 Malibu, 3.5 Need major help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's car was acting funny so I decided to change the brakes today. Started in the back passenger, pushed caliper in and went flawlessly. Moved to the front passenger and the piston boot was torn, could tell it wasn't working right (probably seized up from moisture) so I checked the other three, had to replace the front two calipers. Easy job, got it all put back together real nice.

Bled all the brakes, starting with the farthest to the closest to get all the air out, no air comes out of the front anymore, you can pump them up with the car on and the brake is nice and firm. You turn the car on and BAM! straight to the floor! A two hour job turned into a 12 hour headache >.<

Any advice would be great, I've done multiple brake jobs before, replaced calipers, bled brakes, and never had any trouble like this....

Also, I got fluid out of the caliper but do the the holes have to be lined up with the banjo bolt? Like completely?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I give everyone permission to slap me around here...

After kicking myself around for a while, I found the problem... the calipers were installed on the wrong sides... gonna switch em tonight and give up-date >.<

----
Yep... its fixed... can close this one

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts