Brake fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to change brake fluid? I don't have a garage working in my driveway. Is there any benefit to changing this fluid? Will the brakes work any better?

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Brake fluid is like a sponge to water. It is hydroscopic. Changing the fluid will help keep rust from building up in the brake lines and ABS pump.

What you can do is purchase another lid and fab up a hose with a gravity fed funnel. Pop open the right rear bleeder screw and let it gravity bleed til the fluid comes out clear. It will take a while cause the new fluid must go on a trip to the right rear bleeder. Do this at every bleeder and you should be set.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another way to do this is to get a small length of clear tubing that will fit over your bleeder screws.
100_2195_FrontBleedValve_Open.jpg

Run the line into a small bucket or container that you dont mind throwing away (oil drain pan works, and makes disposal more environmentally friendly, or you can use your imagination).
100_2186_BrakeFluidAndTools.jpg
bleed_brake.jpg
Take the resevoir cap off, open the bleeder screw on the RR, fill master cylinder as it empties. Once clear, tighten the bleeder and move around the vehicle in a clockwise motion.
100_2196_FrontBleedValve_SqueezeLever.jpg

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Sorry most the pics are from servicing a motorcycle. They were the best pics I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy