bottom chrome molding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if that long chrome molding on the bottom doors is just stuck on or mounted to the body? I'm considering having it just taken off when getting my chrome delete rather than have it wrapped. Thanks!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure they're held on with clips that go into actual holes in the doors. That's what I've read at least. Its funny they only put them on the higher end trims but these vehicles look much better without them

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked that question of my previous model (2013 Suburban LTZ, and was told it was just adhesive).

This seems to make more sense to me, as if it is held on w/ clips, there are 2 issues:
1) Hole in the body is an invitation to rust
2) If they put holes in, then they have 2 different door part numbers to manage.

My guess is it is just stuck on there...best way would be ask your dealer, they may find a parts diagram or could look and see if the door part number is the same between the upper and lower trim levels.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Idolan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wrap in white vinyl like I did and it disappears

Okiedave

Reaction score
Does anyone know if that long chrome molding on the bottom doors is just stuck on or mounted to the body? I'm considering having it just taken off when getting my chrome delete rather than have it wrapped. Thanks!
Timely question. Mine are starting to curl away from the body. Yesterday the small one between the rear door and rear tire on my XL came off as I was washing it. That small one is just adhesive on my 2001. I am thining of pulling the rest off if they are all just stuck on, which is all I can see from the ones that are curling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM