Bose Premium Amp wont turn back on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what did axxess say when you called them?
is the bose turn on signal analog or digital?
was the factory harness intact and you just plugged in the module or is it a hack job?
is RAP working properly?
does the radio have constant power correctly or does it reset every time you shut the key off?
do you have access to a tech2?
and lastly if everything is correct and checks out then it could be a bad axxess module, which is why I asked what did they say? you can try this by unplugging power to the module and plug it back in and see of the amp responds without having to pull the fuse.

OP
OP
I

indigoblue2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever probe the blue white with a meter to see if you have a turn on signal to the amp?

Just because a connection is made we can't see electricity.

Has the factory Bose plug been modified? Test grounds to amp?

How did you connect the radio wires the the module? Crimps? Solder? Wire nuts?

Without much info and not being there to see what's been done we are all just guessing. Getting in a tiffy isn't gonna help solve your problem. You need to provide some data.

Good luck
Thanks Newbie. Your great.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the bose amp in my 2004 about 5 years ago. It's possible yours decided to go at that moment maybe from different amount of wattage running into it. Mine did work intermittently for about a year (babysitter was driving the truck then so I didn't really give a shit). Tended to come on here and there when it was warm out.

It's like 30 7mm screws to take the console out. It's under the console. Big PIA I only got like 2/3 of the screws back in and new amp was like $200 if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
I

indigoblue2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to replace the bose amp in my 2004 about 5 years ago. It's possible yours decided to go at that moment maybe from different amount of wattage running into it. Mine did work intermittently for about a year (babysitter was driving the truck then so I didn't really give a shit). Tended to come on here and there when it was warm out.

It's like 30 7mm screws to take the console out. It's under the console. Big PIA I only got like 2/3 of the screws back in and new amp was like $200 if I remember correctly.
imma just do an amp bypass give me an excuse to put my l7s in.

Aaron_Jones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
indigoblue2001

I'm new here, did you figure out the issue?

I have a 2001 Yukon with Bose and Onstar and I used the PAC ROEM-GM21A.

I just installed a new head unit (Xtrons TM100L) and I was having issues with no sound randomly on start up. Sometimes I have sound and sometimes I didn't when I start the truck. I'm still troubleshooting the issue and so far I found that one of my speakers was blown (Rear Left) and it could have been the cause of the problem. I unplugged it and started the system back up and the sound came back on. Soon as i plugged int he suspected speaker while sound is working the sound went out immediately. So I thought I found the problem. I just unplugged the speaker as a result until I can grab a replacement.

I go back in the vehicle later the same day and the sound did not come on again. I know the rear right speaker has an issue as well. So I just order a set to replace both rear speakers along with the 8" sub.

I should mention that I just purchase this truck, so I'm getting familiar with it's problems.

**UPDATE**:

I was able to get a PAC tech on the phone and we went through the situation I was having with my PAC ROEM-GM21A Unit. I changed the two rear speakers with Rockford Fosgate 3 ways and as I was adjusting the fade and balance to single out each rear speaker the left rear was very faint compared tot he other 3 speakers. This was the focus of our troubleshoot. Tested that channel right from the head unit and no problems until the signal went through the PAC unit. We came to the conclusion that the body is defective. The connectors were pinned out correctly, the head unit was wired correctly, but the body is definitely defective.

I reached out to the seller and they are sending me another unit without me having to send back the old one, which is awesome cause I wont have to rewire. I can just swap bodies.

NOTES - WHAT WE FOUND:

*I have 2001 Yukon and there is four different wiring situations for that time span of GMC trucks. They were not all wired the same. I have attached a copy of the PDF file the tech sent me (with the 4 different pinouts) in hopes it will help someone here.

*When wiring with the PAC in these situations only use the high level input to the PAC that is coming from your speakers. The low level is designed for the situation of the RCA cables as an input. I have seen YouTube vids where they are using both.

*The PAC has a Protection circuit built in. If you have a shorted speaker or speaker wires it will shut the Bose amp off and would prevent the amp from turning on at start up.

I hope this may help someone else that are having the same issues I am with the same or close to the year truck I have.

Attachments

• GM21oem2bose.pdf
    506.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Aaron_Jones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after receiving the new PAC ROEM-21A I had the same problem with the Left Rear speaker being considerably lower than the other 3 speakers. So now I'm looking at replacing the Factory amp which is only $50 at the junk yard. I will report back with my findings.

Also I'm having the issue where sometimes I get in the car and there is no sound and I have to try and reset by turning off the truck and opening the door and then starting it back up again. I'm hoping it is a amp issue. If this does not solve my problem then I will put in my Sherwood old school 6 channel amp and bypass the Bose system all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700