Blue gauges and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have disassemble the entire HVAC housing to get to the board, then remove the board. You can pick the resistors up at Radio Shack. And I need to edit my post, because I meant 5000 ohm resistors, not 500.
White LEDs would look ****. They will look much whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs.

I'm going this route but don't have a whole lot of experience with soldering and resistors, how hard of a project is this? Maybe a few hours if i do everything wrong the first time?

cnatalie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It looks really good. Question... where can I find an extra dome light ass.? Any help you can give would be great!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going this route but don't have a whole lot of experience with soldering and resistors, how hard of a project is this? Maybe a few hours if i do everything wrong the first time?
As with any PCB, you have to be careful not to apply too much heat when soldering on the LEDs or you can lift the traces off the circuit board.

It looks really good. Question... where can I find an extra dome light ass.? Any help you can give would be great!

If you want the stock assemblies, you can grab them cheap from your local salvage yard or pick up a new assembly from the dealership.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw some dome light assemblies on ebay just the other day for maybe 12 bucks or so..

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey JK, or anyone i guess, what kind of resisters are you using? I know the 5000 but the ones i remember using would seem hard to hook up to an LED. any install pics? thanks guys!

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
You have disassemble the entire HVAC housing to get to the board, then remove the board. You can pick the resistors up at Radio Shack. And I need to edit my post, because I meant 5000 ohm resistors, not 500.
White LEDs would look ****. They will look much whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs.

SICK write up JK...... Good,informational and to the point! On my to do list after 3/drop.....Sick WIP by the way. Not a Tahoe fan....but yours has my respect:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts