Blue gauges and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think ur looking at the wrong ones, Ty. Mine were only about three bucks each. Check the link above that brndns posted.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have all used the forward-firing LEDs, but do you think that the multi-directional LED bulbs would put out a smoother fill in the area behind the cluster and eliminate some of the hot spots?

Something like this maybe:

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-5-ultra-bright-smt-led-light.aspx

Or would that be too bright? I just put red versions of those in the driver's side map light of out new trailblazers at work (for writing tickets and whatnot at night), and they are pretty damn bright...I just don't know how much light gets filtered by the gauges. These are considerably more expensive too, nearly $9/ea.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Ah, I think these would be perfect! I didn't realize that there were several pages worth of these things.

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-5-led-light.aspx

Not as bright, but still puts out light to the sides. Those might do nicely, what do you think JK?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
truck is still stuck, arm is still busted..... just looking ahead, kinda wanna do red led's inside

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have all used the forward-firing LEDs, but do you think that the multi-directional LED bulbs would put out a smoother fill in the area behind the cluster and eliminate some of the hot spots?

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-5-led-light.aspx

Not as bright, but still puts out light to the sides. Those might do nicely, what do you think JK?

I tried these in my Caddy and they don't work as well. Not nearly as bright as the forward firing ones.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The HVAC control bulbs are soldered in place. I used (8) LEDs and 500 ohm resistors on each and soldered them in place of the original bulbs.
You'll lose the ability to adjust the intensity without some sort of PWM controller, but for me, it's not a big deal.

How do you get to those bulbs on the HVAC? And also where do you get the resistors?

I ordered blue LED's for my cluster but I was kinda wanting to put white in the HVAC, do you think it would look to close to factory style lights?

Thanks JK!

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get to those bulbs on the HVAC? And also where do you get the resistors?

I ordered blue LED's for my cluster but I was kinda wanting to put white in the HVAC, do you think it would look to close to factory style lights?

Thanks JK!

You have disassemble the entire HVAC housing to get to the board, then remove the board. You can pick the resistors up at Radio Shack. And I need to edit my post, because I meant 5000 ohm resistors, not 500.
White LEDs would look ****. They will look much whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA