Blue gauges and HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The replacement LED bulb assemblies for the gauges, domes, etc, all have resistors built-in. I just used bare single LEDs for the hvac, so you have to add resistors to keep from burning out the diodes.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! Might have to give this a try and see if my soldering skills are still any good

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could solder. I never have and kinda afraid to try. I did the cluster and it looks sweet. Really want all the lights blue and super whites in the domes and overheads.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I got the domes from ledlight.com as well. I don't remember the part number, but I used the 41mm 9-led festoons, super white.

str8ballin416

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool. I think I found them. Did you replace all 3 bulbs in each or just the middle one out of the 3? I have 2 swivel lights in the from of mine that have different bulbs in them. Is yours the same or do you have a stationary light there. I'm anxious to get the conversion done and I think it'll look good with my setup.

This is a pic of my screens up front that I think the LED's will compliment nicely. More pics on my profile.

picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced all three in each housing and wired them to all come on. I did the puddle lights, footwells, and all four doors. Pretty much everything except the two swivel map lights.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I wish I could solder. I never have and kinda afraid to try. I did the cluster and it looks sweet. Really want all the lights blue and super whites in the domes and overheads.

Can you heat a knife and touch a stick of butter? Soldering is not welding remember.. just using a hot ass pen to melt some nickel.. the second you take the pen away, the little pool of nickel hardens.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Thanks man. I got the domes from ledlight.com as well. I don't remember the part number, but I used the 41mm 9-led festoons, super white.

holy shit that 9LED festoon is $15 ea... $90 to swap LEDS in is a bit to high for me...

I think I might go with these instead

http://www.ledlight.com/festoon-ultra-bright-led-light-1-3-4-inches-41-mm.aspx

and these for the front two....

http://www.ledlight.com/s25-20-super-flux-led-light.aspx

still not sure how i am going to do the dash and HVAC though, as it will all need to be soldered in place... i suppose im not to scared to do the soldering myself, any recomendations on what type of solder to use though? and will the standard EBAY LEDs and resistors work... AND do i use the 500 ohm resistors for the dash as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts