Blower motor on 1997 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Loveliness. Concern on how the water got in there tho. Do you use the refrigerant compressor during the cold to help defrosting windows?

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and add to this that I was having intermittent issues with my blower motor. I finally traced down a bad ground wire. The ground wire from the motor goes up into a bundle of wires above the heater housing. I had to peel the bundle of wires apart and discovered a connector there for both the hot and ground wires of the blower motor. The connector had melted. I cut the connector out and spliced the wires together, and all has been fine since.

Casey

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunlit, my guess is the water is coming from a leaking cowl. Been there. I had water get in the housing and freeze too. Fixed the leaking cowl and have not had an issue

jman1151

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK another problem, My fan runs on all speeds except the fastest speed. does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like resistor Jimmy.

Sunlit, I pulled that cover up and resealed it and sealed the screws for the plastic cowl cover also. Seems to work ok now

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Blower motors typically don't pass through the resistor on the highest setting.

pdf of the blower motor wiring on my '97:
http://docdroid.net/rysj

Could be a couple of things. Obviously check all the fuses first. Then I would check for 12 volts at the plug on the motor with the fan on high.

knucklebuster283

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on this pp killer but I think the dripping is coming from a missing screw on that side of the cowling, just under the hood at the cowling?

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after a little bit more troubleshooting and taking out the blower motor. There was water that dripped into the blower motor housing and froze into the fan blades and that was preventing the fan from spinning. I busted out the ice and hooked it back up and it worked perfectly.

clean out the airbox behind the fan. leaves n crap build up there and cause water to hang out and leak into the car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove