Which diff-locker?

• Eaton ELocker

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • ARB Air Locker

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • AuburnGear ECTED-Locker

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always run the codes in the glove box of the donor (if its still there) to find the gear ratio. Its gona be indestructible after that, I blew the spider gears on my tahoe scary ride when its missing teeth just barley made it back home. I just threw yukon gears in it. Tahoe's should have came stock with a 12 bolt, 10 bolt rear ends are junk.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
You could always run the codes in the glove box of the donor (if its still there) to find the gear ratio. Its gona be indestructible after that, I blew the spider gears on my tahoe scary ride when its missing teeth just barley made it back home. I just threw yukon gears in it. Tahoe's should have came stock with a 12 bolt, 10 bolt rear ends are junk.

Glove box was gone, other wise I would have.
It's scary to have to turn around on the trail then get out of the trail with teeth missing, and a cargo strap and your buddy holding on your wheel. A Jeep guy(who you don't know) spotting for you as you crawl over obstacles. Every now and then I had to stop, reverse(or go forward if I was backing up) to unlock the rear end, and then crawl on. I never want to do that again. I think with the 14 Bolt I won't have to worry.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Update:
Got a hold of Gear Tech HD. The conversion hubs are sold in two kits. One without the disc brake calipers and rotors and one with.
With out price: $895, with $1295. Both sets include all the hardware you'll need for the install.
The brakes they come with are GM parts and allow you to run 15 inch wheels. If you get it with out the brakes you can run the same calipers and brake you have on your front wheels now. (Perhaps I'll be making another trip to the junk yard.)
The price is better than what I read it would be. :rockit: So next pay check, I'll get the ball rolling. Or would it be better to get the wheel rolling? :hands:

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I'm quite interested to see your build thread. Especially when the FF is a hell of a lot easier to find and from what I've see cheaper than the SF.

To find out the gear ratio, I believe all you have to do is count the teeth on both the ring gear and pinnion shaft and divide the two. This should give the gear ratio. From what I know, I think they only came with 4.10 or 3.73. My dad had a 99 K2500 and it had 4.10. I haven't seen one with 4.56.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

By the way, it's not spiders that scare the piss out of me, it's ****** snakes. One of my old roommates had 4 snakes and would let the bastards loose in his room. **** that.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Finally got to order the conversion kit. The hubs as I said above are 895$, the disc brake brackets are 125$ The rotors and pads I'll get at O'Reailly and calipers probably junk yard or something. The shipping I don't know. Because I'm in the Marine Corps he covered the shipping and gave me the brake brackets for free :Hump: .

Time to really get this shit under way.

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get gear ratio make a mark on the pinion and then spin one of the hubs one complete rotation while counting the number of times the mark on the pinion goes around. Once the hub has made a complete rotation you should know the gear ratio. Any other questions shoot me a pm.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Still waiting on my hubs to ship. He tells me he is waiting for some bearings to come to him.

But since he hasn't shipped the part he hasn't charged my credit card.

OP
OP
T-Bagg

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
You should have got a Detroit TruTrac...Better than the 3 choices in your poll by far.

I still haven't gotten the locker yet. I'm really leaning towards a selectable locker. But if my funds don't loosen up soon, I'll be going the way of mechanical locker.
When I was searching around I don't think there was a TrueTrac for the 10 1/2 inch 14 bolt. Unless something has changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mordy913