Blocks & add-a-leaf vs. new leaf pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
Hi y'all. I've been looking into doing a 6" lift on my tahoe for a while, but I've heard that blocks are better if you tow a lot...? I have no idea about that, so I'd appreciate some input. For the sake of having a higher quality lift, I'd like to do all new lift springs, but I don't know if 6" lift springs are worse for towing...

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blocks shouldn't effect towing at all, you are not changing the spring in anyway. An add a leaf will make a stiffer ride but would be better than a block for towing a heavy load. New asprings I think are a better option if possible....many options such as custom springs

OP
OP
LittlePearl13

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
I had a hunch that wouldn't be right. I'd want to do all new leafs. If/when I do that, is there a way to get slightly stiffer lift springs so towing is easier? I mean, when you're buying new leaf lift packs, is flexibility an option?

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a hunch that wouldn't be right. I'd want to do all new leafs. If/when I do that, is there a way to get slightly stiffer lift springs so towing is easier? I mean, when you're buying new leaf lift packs, is flexibility an option?

If you buy a complete all new leaf set they will be EXTREMELY stiff when their brand new......
On our DD's that we dont tow with we have set the leafs on a trailer and strapped them down to try to break them in....
but since you tow a trailer you wont have any problem breaking them in no time....
I hope thats what you were asking? :favorites37:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deaver and Alcan make custom springs so yes you can get whatever you want. AAL is a good option though and the cost can't be beat.

I run the AAL and blocks on the suburban...it's a heavy truck and the ride is nice. I have 6" springs on the tahoe and it is a tank

Last edited:

LI BeachHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go with either the AAL's or complete spring packs, as blocks always increase axle wrap since they create more leverage by moving the axle farther away from the springs. Don't get me wrong, blocks are fine for most applications and are a less expensive way to go, but on a tow rig I personally wouldn't go with more than a 2" block. JMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24