Blew a trans line, improvised getting home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
So trans line went while towing a trailer and a MC. Unloaded the MC and friend drove it home which was 5 miles away. AAA no help because I had a trailer and wanted me to leave it there and they estimated 4 hours for a tow to go 15 minutes. Yea no, that would of been taken. So I call my buddy with a trailer and improvised. Lol it ain’t dumb if it works right? The tower became the towie.

Attachments

• FF38531C-8BCC-4146-8412-3FA0D001CCD4.jpeg
    FF38531C-8BCC-4146-8412-3FA0D001CCD4.jpeg
    675.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 0C9FA886-6E99-4E4E-B9C5-81FAD3B22254.jpeg
    0C9FA886-6E99-4E4E-B9C5-81FAD3B22254.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 10

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that was a sight to see if someone saw that in action :D Too bad about your trans line, tho. That sucks.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm sure that was a sight to see if someone saw that in action :D Too bad about your trans line, tho. That sucks.
Depending on where the leak is at, maybe I can section it, cut and sleeve it with a rubber hose and clamps, or maybe just replace it if it ain’t too much of a ***** to get the lines. But hey, had my trans cooler for a few years I guess I can finally install. Lol I also still have that Gearstar performance trans that I havnt installed yet. Oem one still running strong even with the supercharger

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on where the leak is at, maybe I can section it, cut and sleeve it with a rubber hose and clamps, or maybe just replace it if it ain’t too much of a ***** to get the lines. But hey, had my trans cooler for a few years I guess I can finally install. Lol I also still have that Gearstar performance trans that I havnt installed yet. Oem one still running strong even with the supercharger
Nice! The trans on my 07 didn't go south until around 227k miles. Nothing like getting stranded to give you motivation to install upgrades that have been collecting dust in the garage for a couple of years LOL

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just cut and double clamp at each end until you get home to make a more permanent repair. Don't forget the Flex-Seal! LOL

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
we had one blow on our motorhome when i was a kid.
Stuck in the middle of nowhere, guy with the only shop in town said he could get to it eventually.
We found the line popped off of the cooler itself.
We ended up using some bailing wire to hold it on there and got home no problem.

Napa made us a new line, but we still used the wire to give it a little "Extra".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9