Bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced majority of the brake system in the Suburban(lines, hoses, calipers, disks, pads) . Pain in the ass working in the driveway in Florida (mosquitoes and heat). Anyways was in the process of bleeding the brakes. No fluid going to rear calipers. Left it alone for 2 weeks. Tried it today nothing bone dry. Tried the front brakes bleeding normally. I disconnected one line at the time to see where fluid is stopping. I got all the way to the proportioning valve near the master cylinder no fluid going through when my nephew pressed the brakes. Fluid goes to the valve but dosen't leave. Am I missing anything? Should I just change the valve?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the master went dry, therefore you need to bleed it first.

crack both line nuts free off the master, then snug em back up. have your pedal pusher pump the brakes and hold em like you would to bleed a caliper, now crack a line nut free, you'll hear air spit out. repeat till its just fluid. i wrap a rag around the wrench and line nut to keep the mess down. after both lines are bleed, do all 4 calipers again.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the master went dry, therefore you need to bleed it first.

crack both line nuts free off the master, then snug em back up. have your pedal pusher pump the brakes and hold em like you would to bleed a caliper, now crack a line nut free, you'll hear air spit out. repeat till its just fluid. i wrap a rag around the wrench and line nut to keep the mess down. after both lines are bleed, do all 4 calipers again.

Make sure to keep an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir so you don’t run it dry. You’ll be pumping a decent amount of fluid with empty lines to the rear.

OP
OP
A

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Master never went dry. I cracked the lines from master to proportioning valve. Both are full of fluid and come out when pumped. I cracked the lines from proportioning valve going to abs module front line is getting fluid rear nothing. Where else to check?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum

Latest posts