Bleeding brakes on an '01 Yukon W/ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtbikerdude2005

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A buddy and I were attempting to change his ABS module and realized the screws were stripped, so we had to remove the entire ABS pump w/module attached. Then we cut the screw heads off and had to use vice grips to remove the threaded studs. We used a penetrating oil to get them to loosen before removal. One did not want to budge and broke. So we had to drill it out & put in a helicoil. We are reassembling the ABS module and pump and putting it back on his vehicle. How do we go about bleeding the brakes? I figured we could use gravity to bleed the main brake system. Afterwards we could pump the pedal to get the air out of the ABS pump by bleeding it off through the bleeder valves. We were instructed by a local brake shop that this method would work. Does anyone disagree with that method? I thought you had to have a scan tool to bleed off air from an ABS pump

:shocked:

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with the way you plan to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900