BlackBear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think you have to purchase a separate efilive handheld device...you pay a deposit to use it and you get refunded when they get it back

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I understand, if you dont want to purchase the stoc tune with the extra ECM at the time of the tune, you can order one down the road. And again, if I understand this correctly, Justin keep of file of your vehicle in his computer, so He has all your stock perameters. This makes it easy to reload your individual stock perameters back onto an ECM... LOL, I hope that info is correct.

This would defeat the purpose. You would want to purchase modules before the tune, to have those be the tuned modules. This way, your stock modules remain stock.:Handshake:

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the other thread but I just installed my Blackbear tuned modules this weekend and all I can say is WOW! I love it! I wasn't able to do it in person so I filled out the questionaire online and got the modules in the mail. The install was easy and the truck runs great however, now the check engine light is on. This happen to anyone else? If so, what's the remedy?

You did the security relearn, and the light is for the crank relearn. Any mechanics shop with a Tech II can perform this for you, takes less than a minute.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

I am just going out on a limb here... I have always had all my cars dyno tuned specifically.. Whats the difference with BB? I was going to try them out for my Kon cuz seems like hes great with them.

Just wondering why noone jumps on a dyno and gets tuned? What if you have a cam and stuff? How can a mail order tune be spot on? I understand the in person tunes, thats a street tune but mail order is just crazy to me

Really, it depends on the dyno and the tuner. If you are putting your truck on a DynoJet, you aren't getting a good tune from the start, but the meat and potatoes comes from the guy behind the computer.

That being said, all of our tunes are dyno proven and tested.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

yep from what i understand you have to purchase a efilive handheld product

No, we send out a cable for the datalogging tune, no need to purchase the handheld. The customer does need to put down a refundable deposit on the hardware we send out.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, we send out a cable for the datalogging tune, no need to purchase the handheld. The customer does need to put down a refundable deposit on the hardware we send out.[/QUOTE]

could that also be sent out and reset my speedometer if i put on bigger wheels?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We would still need to send out a new PCM for that. I wouldn't recommend doing the cable tune just to recalibrate the speedo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo