BlackBear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tuned hours ago... I posted in the blackbear section. ******* Amazing!!! WOW....WOW....WOW.... best tune out there!

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell yeah its fast!

chirped the tires the other day - was turning a little but still - and no wet pavement either!

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had him make the tow/haul option a sport tune. Let me tell you what; the shifts are snappy at 5900 RPM, and it just pulls hard all the way through. Absolutely amazing

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its funny to have the little tow light on while ripping up the pavement...lmao

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the other thread but I just installed my Blackbear tuned modules this weekend and all I can say is WOW! I love it! I wasn't able to do it in person so I filled out the questionaire online and got the modules in the mail. The install was easy and the truck runs great however, now the check engine light is on. This happen to anyone else? If so, what's the remedy?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the other thread but I just installed my Blackbear tuned modules this weekend and all I can say is WOW! I love it! I wasn't able to do it in person so I filled out the questionaire online and got the modules in the mail. The install was easy and the truck runs great however, now the check engine light is on. This happen to anyone else? If so, what's the remedy?

did u do the relearn? shot in the dark, but that might be the prob?

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I did the relearn. I had to, the truck wouldn't start until I did.

I have an email to Justin and I'm waiting for a response, just thought I'd ask around here first.

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just going out on a limb here... I have always had all my cars dyno tuned specifically.. Whats the difference with BB? I was going to try them out for my Kon cuz seems like hes great with them.

Just wondering why noone jumps on a dyno and gets tuned? What if you have a cam and stuff? How can a mail order tune be spot on? I understand the in person tunes, thats a street tune but mail order is just crazy to me

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be honest, I wasn't looking to create more power, just increase driveability. The stock truck is kind of a pig. With the Blackbear tune, the higher revs, firmer shifts and reduced torque management make the truck way more responsive and just more fun to drive. If you do have mods, I have a cold air intake and cat-back exhaust, Justin can tailor the tune around them.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you have a cam and stuff? How can a mail order tune be spot on? I understand the in person tunes, thats a street tune but mail order is just crazy to me

I had a supercharger, headers, ported LS2 TB, exhaust, intake, blah blah, and justin (BB) tuned the truck without seeing it. Ran perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts