BlackBear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you think you could have gotten more power with an in person tune?

nope. I had a knock sensor issue and when my buddy came by with HPTuners to diagnose the issue, we took it for a ride. He said "who the hell tuned this truck?" I told him Justin from BB did. His exact words were "this tune is spot on! Thought it was done on a dyno."

So.. no, I don't think an in person tune would have gotten me more power, BUT, it does get you a free sticker and a handshake from Justin, lol.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the data logger cable yesterday and already sent my pre-tune log to Justin. I can't fricken wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viximaging

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope. I had a knock sensor issue and when my buddy came by with HPTuners to diagnose the issue, we took it for a ride. He said "who the hell tuned this truck?" I told him Justin from BB did. His exact words were "this tune is spot on! Thought it was done on a dyno."

So.. no, I don't think an in person tune would have gotten me more power, BUT, it does get you a free sticker and a handshake from Justin, lol.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I am just nervous. Sounds like BB is the only way

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my yukon tuned back in march or april of last year and i have seen a decrease in mpg's but an increase in smiles.. ever since the tune man its hard not to do a 4-2 shift in tow haul and listen to the truck scream! i love it! me personally i think my truck is alot faster then pre tune. i did race a nnbs denali awhile back and beat him. it wasnt by much but i did win. he was stock and i just have the 91 oct tune.. oh and if you do get the 91 oct tune he asked me what kind of gas i regularly use so i told him shell. so i coninue to only use shell or chevron because the power is a helluva lot better using shell or chevron 91 versus say ampm or fastrip gas. IMHO

mlwald79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the data logger cable yesterday and already sent my pre-tune log to Justin. I can't fricken wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am considering doing the data log tune on my Denali. Please report back with results.
:)

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the other thread but I just installed my Blackbear tuned modules this weekend and all I can say is WOW! I love it! I wasn't able to do it in person so I filled out the questionaire online and got the modules in the mail. The install was easy and the truck runs great however, now the check engine light is on. This happen to anyone else? If so, what's the remedy?

any update on what was causing the check engine light?

Rich E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to do a crank relearn. Not exactly sure what that means, but my shop says thay can do it. Not a big deal, I just have to find the time to get it there. I'm also thinking about sending my modules back to Justin for a little more tweaking so I'll wait until after that so I don't have to do it twice. The truck runs great, the light is only a slight annoyance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts