Blackbear make much of a difference on a 96-99?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. I know theres lotsa room for improvement on the 5.3's and tons of room with the 6.0's. Just wasn't sure how retarded the factory tuned the Vortecs. My 97 doesn't seem to have any torque management, it gets silly easier than most of my trucks.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I assume you are talking 5.7Ls? We typically see 15-20hp and 20-25ft-lbs increases.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got mine done this past weekend , Met justin (great guy) very informative answers where never grey or short. Mine is a 98 , I noticed a very noticeable gain ,

-Throttle response is much sharper
-Shifts don't feel sluggish (after he set my tires to the correct size) and adjusting shift points
- Feels like it has more Giddy up
- Fuel economy i haven't noticed as I haven't had much time to drive it normally Lol
- the truck Idles a little smoother as well (this may just be my imagination though)

He fixed my Speedo (was 6-7 Mphs Off)

My truck has over 200k miles and the tune did not hurt it

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Assuming you have a 96, the traditional tune is $200, with a core charge (refundable) of $60.

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Mr. Draper. Maybe I should get my 97 tuned....

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 96... And for 200 bucks that's a great deal!! This is an upgrade I will be doing for sure in the future..

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine done about month ago and night and day. Just wating for the weather to warm up more and im going to see how she does offroad ;) Just wish I had a B/B sticker on the back of my hoe ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881