Black Flame Customs retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Those look really nice. After going from regular HIDs in the Tahoe to the Escalade OEM ones it is a night and day difference. You will love them.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks that would be great. Wasn't sure if it was plug and play or what, hadn't really asked lol. Figured they were easy to get in touch with so I would just call if I had problems. I appreciate the help

file.jpg

Unless you do this the back of the bulb connectors won't fit, they barely squeeze in on the other outer side (you can see where they've been rubbing against the black paint).

It doesn't hurt anything in any way ... just connect everything to the housing, take some chalk or spare blow, and rub some on the back of the bulb connectors. Then slowly try to mount the headlamp, and stop when it can't go any further back. That will show you the exact spot around which to cut.

The size of the hole, and if you need to cut another small one on the beam behind the outer projector, will depend on how far the projectors are receded into the housing. Meaning that if the projector lenses are up against the headlamp lens then a smaller hole is needed behind the inner and no hole is needed behind the outer, conversely if the projectors are farther away from the lens cover (which looks a lot better) then a bigger hole behind the inner and may even need a small one behind the outer.

Make sense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOK

AOK

Reaction score
Thanks Galaxy, I'm pretty pumped to see them in action. And Soulsea, yeah makes sense. Thanks a ton, I would have had no idea and probably ended up really frustrated so I appreciate it. Stuff like this is why this forum is so awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj