Depo Headlights HID Retofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozchevelle

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question and need help please. i am doing a HID retrofit with a set of Depo's that i bought. I have pulled the projectors that came with them out, and i am going to install a set of projectors that i bought from TSR.

What i would like to have help on is, what is the best way to remove the chrome bezel that is inside the headlight? because you remove the old projector from the bake, like you have read in the forums. i just wanted to check with you here to see what you guys have done to remove your old bezels.

please give input on this to help me out.

Thank you all for your help and feedback on this.

iBizzy

Reaction score
I heard that you place the hole light assemble in a oven to losen the glue. There's a U tube video showing how to change the projectors. May be this video can help. Let me know how it turn out.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
bake the headlights and split them open, figure out how to remove the old projector. get some epoxy and install your new one. remember only epoxy after the cutoff line is set!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I left my DEPO bezels alone, just stuck the projectors in the hole....

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^+1

i was working on this project once upon a time...

MyTahoe014-1.jpg

MyTahoe013-1.jpg

if you still want to remove the stock bezel, you gotta bake your headlights. and i think you would have to trim your TSR bezel to fit in the depos.

BTW, which projectors did you get? I got the TSX/RX, but have yet to finish this project. Maybe because im afraid to mess it up. But if you search, there are lots of threads about this, and Denali's walkthrough really helps

post pics when done!

GL

Jaxon1023

Reaction score
How are you guys lining up the cut off before reassembling the headlights?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys lining up the cut off before reassembling the headlights?

that's actually one of the things that's keeping me from finishing it. I need to aim the projectors before sealing the projector to housing. There is a thread on here of how to do that, but I dont have a level driveway to test on.

OP
OP
B

Bozchevelle

Reaction score
The way that i am lining up my cut off line, is by making a mark on each side of the stock projectors. i looked in the end of the old one and then made a mark oh each side of the headlight housing, so when i installed the new H1 projectors i could use that line to line the new cut off to. that way my new projectors would use the same line off the old projectors. so this way they would be as close to the old ones as possible.

Thanks

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I just sat my TSX projectors in using the existing screws from the DEPO projectors and securing the TSX tabs down. It's pretty self-explanatory if you could see my build in the process...the TSX projectors just naturally fit in the existing hole and I really didn't "line" anything up other than making sure they were leveled and centered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pretty t