Black Bear Performance 2016 Intake Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fantastic work! Looks like I made a very fine decision going with a Volant intake and the in-person tune :)

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it wouldn't be 100% accurate, but can these results be applied generally to similar equipment designed for previous engine generations?

I've been considering the Airaid MIT 200-919 for my 2005 6.0L, but the results for the Airaid MIT 200-911 on the 2016 6.2L are not stellar and warranted the comment from your team "little to no gains".

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it wouldn't be 100% accurate, but can these results be applied generally to similar equipment designed for previous engine generations?

I've been considering the Airaid MIT 200-919 for my 2005 6.0L, but the results for the Airaid MIT 200-911 on the 2016 6.2L are not stellar and warranted the comment from your team "little to no gains".

The Airaid Jr MIT was the best performer on the 07-13 models. I would not use the 16 model as the comparison for the 05.

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which Intake would you recommend for a 2015 Yukon Denali XL EcoTec3 6.2L V8? I also plan to sign up for an in person tune. I may sign up for the Washington D.C. event and drive there from NYC...

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which Intake would you recommend for a 2015 Yukon Denali XL EcoTec3 6.2L V8? I also plan to sign up for an in person tune. I may sign up for the Washington D.C. event and drive there from NYC...

Hello Vincent,

We would recommend the AFE Momentum GT Pro 5R intake system. Here is the link to the intake on our website http://store.blackbearperformance.c...-Momentum-GT-Pro-5R-Intake-System_p_1373.html

Also here is the link to the tune event page to submit deposit. http://www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp

Let us know if you have any other questions, [email protected]

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently received my CAI and I purchased the 1 you recommended. I am also scheduled to have my vehicle tuned at your Tune event this weekend in Fairfax. So, I have 2 questions for you:
You stated within the Washington D.C. Tune Event thread on this forum:
"**We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned."
Question 1 - I have not yet received a module in the mail and the event is a few days away. Am I going to receive a module to perform security relearn?
Question 2 - I should I install my AFE Momentum GT Pro 5R intake system today or should I wait until after the truck has been tuned?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094