Black Bear Denali Performance Tune!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mapkos13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it finally came and let me tell you it was WELL worth the wait!!

I saw his email around 1 am when I rolled over to see what time it was and I couldn't go back to sleep. I fired up the laptop and downloaded the files to the Autocal so I'd be ready to go in the morning. It was a small miracle I didn't go down to the garage right then and there.

Justin came through again with his knowledge and expertise.

I'm telling you this tune is SICK!!!

I opted for a performance tune which I turn on using my tow mode since I don't really tow. I uploaded my tunes today and the difference is night and day. When I got on the highway it was effortless. At 70 mph I dropped it to the floor and I was over 90 before I knew it, very quickly. This thing just pulls strong now through all the gears.

From a standstill this baby launches too. I actually chirped the tires which is no small feet for a heavy AWD full size SUV. This sounds mean too with the Corsa Sport exhaust. It just growls!

Justin also provided me with a Daily driver/TCM that I can swtich to once I go through a few tanks of gas hammering this thing around for the next couple of weeks.

I couldn't be happier and if you have the extra money to spend, or even if you don't, FIND IT! You will not be disappointed-trust me.

Thanks Justin- another satisfied customer!

TXDENALI

Reaction score
I need this, I feel like my truck has slowed down a little since I put on the 33's!

I hear a lot of people say their MPG increased a little bit. Did you find that to be true? Does the motor actually run smoother?

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need this, I feel like my truck has slowed down a little since I put on the 33's!

I hear a lot of people say their MPG increased a little bit. Did you find that to be true? Does the motor actually run smoother?

I just got my in person tune yesterday, its better than I even imagined!! I had the same problem as you. I put heavy ass 33's and I noticed it got slower and MPGs went down. Now that I got the tune, I can't stop driving it! What I have noticed so far: no more lag in throttle response, shifts are faster and smoother at low speeds and aggressive when you punch it, truck feels fast at all speeds, engine runs better, and most importantly, MPGs are up by at least 2 MPG on hwy and much more in city. I got my tune more economical. Justin asked if I liked the 4cyl mode and I said yes so he made it stay on more of the time. Cruising around town at 40-45 I was getting around 36 MPG!!! Instead of it constantly switching back and forth from 4 to 8 cyl it just stays in 4cyl, I personally love that. When we were driving around he said i stayed in 4 cly mode for over 30 seconds several times and before it would only stay in that mode for about 10 seconds at a time.
If you have any doubts or hesitation about getting this tune, DO IT! You will not regret it, it is a must have. Even my fiance said' "Wow, it just rides better!" She didn't want me to do it and said it was stupid to do on a big truck with big tires, but now she wants to tune her car lol!
To wrap things up, yes MPG will increase, and yes it runs smoother. Just get the tune, you will NOT regret it!

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damnn I want one so bad BB please come to the DMV area

OP
OP
M

mapkos13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Motor runs smoother, shifts better and seems to work easier.

As far as the increased MPG's? I can't say cause I can't keep my damn foot off the pedal between the pickup in acceleration and the growl of that sweet Cora Sport exhaust.

Maybe next tank ill dial it back and change to the daily driver tune and repost the results.

Oak51

Reaction score
+1 to the 06xl post...we need BB to come to the DMV

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been considering this but what really made my ears perk up (or was it my eyes) is when you said you can have it programmed to turn on with the Tow mode. I have a different request. I think my '07 with Autoride changes the shock settings (and holds a gear longer) when I engage Tow mode. It seems to firm up the shocks and I like it. I was wondering if there was a way to have a swich to firm up the shocks but leave the trans shifting the same.

I'm also very interested in having a tune that would improve my in-town mpgs since that's 90% of what I do but retain (or improve) power when I'm in Tow mode.

Anyone?