Bizzaro Esky Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especially cause I don't have pre drilled wholes on my roof

...Any pre-drilled WHAT? haha

Yes, you can chrome plastic. You don't think our door handles and side moldings are metal, do you? ;)

I think it COULD look good, but I doubt it will. I think the end caps will look too much like the door handles, in general shape and spatially, which will make for a disjointed, bad look. But, I'd really have to see it first.

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
If it's only a few bucks in vinyl and you don't mind spending the money then give it a try. That way everyone can see what it looks like. On the other hand if you end up wanting to sell it I would deffinently be interested in buying it. I think your somewhat close to me so I could even drive up to get it. Let me know

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks guys ... I think for a few bucks and without affecting the rack long term it's not a bad idea to mock it up and see what results.

Now the things is, where can I buy some small rolls of inexpensive black and chrome vinyl wraps? :think:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do the whole car in chrome vinyl wrap...

416x270(1).jpg

Vinyl wraps:
http://www.rvinyl.com/Chrome-Vinyl-Film-Wraps.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the linkie Felix, I ordered a couple of small pieces.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks ... either way it's fun trying out new ideas.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the things is, where can I buy some small rolls of inexpensive black and chrome vinyl wraps? :think:

Throw some electrical tape on there (or black duct tape), and wrap the end caps in tin foil. Seriously. And stand back and see how it looks. You probably have those things in your house already. Just need to do one side...

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea Kirk ... plus I have loads of tinfoil left from my days of heavy posting on conspiracy forums. :waytogo:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey soulsea, just sell them to me!

If I have time I'll mock up the bizzaro look tomorrow ... if it doesn't work, you might get your wish. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA