Bilstien 5100, autoride delete, suspension maxx...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for some confirmation or recommendations on shock setting and level combo for my conversion from autoride to 5100s.

Last summer in my 2012 LTZ I put in a suspension max level kit with the 1" in the rear and only the 1.5" lower strut mount on the front. The truck looked level and I was able to fit my wheel/tires so I left it without adding any of the upper spacers. I now have a bad shock so Im deleting the autoride and going with 5100s all around.

I plan to use moog 81244 and 81069 springs with the 5100s. I'd like to keep the level kit and from what Ive read on this site I'm planning to set the front shocks on the lowest setting with the +1.5" lower strut mount and keep the +1" rear spacer. Am I off base? Thanks.

MattC259

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Sweet Pete I have 2007 Suburban LTZ, deleted autoride, used 5100’s and same springs you referenced. I didn’t measure before doing work. 2.25” suspension max in front has it almost dead level with 81069 enhanced height in rear. Likely adding 1” in rear to keep rear slightly higher. Resistor trick for magneride works as described in other forums- pretty easy. Will add pics when I can. @01Konvict and others were a huge help.

MattC259

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for some confirmation or recommendations on shock setting and level combo for my conversion from autoride to 5100s.

Last summer in my 2012 LTZ I put in a suspension max level kit with the 1" in the rear and only the 1.5" lower strut mount on the front. The truck looked level and I was able to fit my wheel/tires so I left it without adding any of the upper spacers. I now have a bad shock so Im deleting the autoride and going with 5100s all around.

I plan to use moog 81244 and 81069 springs with the 5100s. I'd like to keep the level kit and from what Ive read on this site I'm planning to set the front shocks on the lowest setting with the +1.5" lower strut mount and keep the +1" rear spacer. Am I off base? Thanks.
And yes, I ran my 5100’s at lowest (stock) setting.

crawdaddy182

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where you guys able to use all the original components on the front struts or did you have to have a different upper spring mount on the strut?