Bilstein Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed 4 new Bilstein shocks and what a nice change from the factory ones.It is a firm ride without the hard thumping of the original shocks. A much nicer vehicle to drive.Rear shocks were a snap to do ,but the fronts took some serious work to compress the coil springs,but it worked out okay. 2 bolts and 3 nuts remove sway bar links and drop then tip out shock. After supporting front end up.

OP
OP
G

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LS 4wd. I replaced the shocks as i did not like the ride and feel of the stock shocks.Switching to Bilstein was worth it ,a much better feel and control in the wind , curves and undulations.

steverino910

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m due for shocks. Just put XD RG131 wheels on and am thinking about Bilsteins and /or a leveling kit. Sounds like the 5100 will leVel the front end. If I put them on all 4 corners do they lift front and back, or can they be adjusted so front is level? Or would I be better off to put spacers in front and just regular shocks? I don’t go off road, but am getting a little wheel rub when turning hard .

C84CB5AC-465A-4B10-A833-74FF88882F56.jpeg View attachment 251326

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts