Bilstein 5100s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oziel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl with the premium smooth ride suspension , I'm thinking of buying the bilsteins 5100 for both the front and rear but it says that i also need the bilsteins springs , I have a 2.5 leveling kit in the front and stock in the rear so my rear is sagging a little, I'm going to add 2" coil spacers in the rear so I'm wondering if i still have to add the springs?

niely

Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl with the premium smooth ride suspension , I'm thinking of buying the bilsteins 5100 for both the front and rear but it says that i also need the bilsteins springs , I have a 2.5 leveling kit in the front and stock in the rear so my rear is sagging a little, I'm going to add 2" coil spacers in the rear so I'm wondering if i still have to add the springs?

Not to my knowledge. I just put 5100's in front to raise my front an inch and then the bilstein 4600's in back...and kept with stock springs with not one issue

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the premium smooth ride suspension is RPO code ZW7, which would say in your glove box, then absolutely. The ZW7 uses a really soft rear spring rate and the shocks are load leveling shocks designed to work in tandem with the spring to hold the weight of the rear up. Changing one but not the other isn't a good idea and handling will be compromised. The sagging you are experiencing will always be that way unless you get a massive spacer to overcompensate for the sag or replace the spring. Using z71 springs and a spacer is common to get some lift, idk what bilstein or moog springs do because I rather go low than up.

OP
OP
O

Oziel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the premium smooth ride suspension is RPO code ZW7, which would say in your glove box, then absolutely. The ZW7 uses a really soft rear spring rate and the shocks are load leveling shocks designed to work in tandem with the spring to hold the weight of the rear up. Changing one but not the other isn't a good idea and handling will be compromised. The sagging you are experiencing will always be that way unless you get a massive spacer to overcompensate for the sag or replace the spring. Using z71 springs and a spacer is common to get some lift, idk what bilstein or moog springs do because I rather go low than up.
Update: I ordered some z71 springs and bilsteins 5100s for both front and rear I also have a pair of 2" spacers just in case the rear isn't to what I want it to be so now I just have to wait for them to come in and install them

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Update: I ordered some z71 springs and bilsteins 5100s for both front and rear I also have a pair of 2" spacers just in case the rear isn't to what I want it to be so now I just have to wait for them to come in and install them

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Nice. In for install pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts