Billy Boat Exhaust on 08 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thalacy12

Reaction score
I am putting an exhaust on my 08 Tahoe LTZ and can't decide what I want to put on. I have never heard a Billy Boat but have been told it's a good setup. I was originally going to go w/ the SLP Powerflo dual outlet kit but won't fit b/c of the auto-ride setup behind the rear drivers side tire.....stupid place for an air-pump if you ask me! The BB definitely looks good but am wondering how loud it is, I've had Flowmaster 40series on my last 4 trucks w/ the 5.3 so wondering how it'll be in comparison to that sound.....

Termin8r27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They've always made good stuff for Corvette's when I owned them.

I've never really looked into them for trucks, but just looked at it on their webiste. Looks like a nice kit...probably can't go wrong with it.

OP
OP
T

thalacy12

Reaction score
How was the sound on the Vette? I love a good rip when I get on it but hate that needless highway drone like I had in the past w/ Flowmaster!

Termin8r27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was the bullet system on this page:
http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/corvette/c5/

Sounded great for my tastes, had it on my 2003 Z06. I do like aggressive sounds and had that one cam'd and the whole deal...but it was relatively tame at idle, but deep and throaty.

With a tahoe and the non-bullet muffler there is so much between the muffler and the cabin I have to believe it wouldn't drone that bad or at all.

Flowmaster are notorious for droning because they are an all metal muffler, with the baffles and trap the air in them longer...I can definitely see that being a bit more annoying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thalacy12

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go w/ the BB, it def looks better than most that I have seen. Unfortunately I have to go w/ the single side outlet but at least the BB is a dual pipe instead of the rest that I've seen that have a single pipe w/ a dual tip on it. Also hoping to up my mpg a bit, I was getting over 20mpg out of my 09 Sierra and w/ the stock Tahoe I'm down to 15/16........

OP
OP
T

thalacy12

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for an email back to make sure it's going to fit right and not run into the autoride anywhere.......

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked them up local and they fit like they came from the factory..

OP
OP
T

thalacy12

Reaction score
Ya the pics on their site look like the brackets match up w/o any issues but I'm waiting to hear back from the shop I ordered the SLP thru originally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia