Big Red - 2000 Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Well, the gap is definitely better than it was. I'd ALMOST say perfect. I also removed the vent covers on the bumper cap. Small detail, but looks so much better....

20180607_171521.jpg 20180607_171530.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
What running boards sre those? Do they have lights at the ends?

I'm not real sure what brand they are, man. They were on it when we got it. I'll look around on 'em to see if I can see any branding if you're really interested. Yes they do have lights on them. They're actually pretty convenient when they're functioning properly. We have entry lights on the mirrors too, so the steps are lit up pretty nicely. Sadly, the lenses are yellowing really badly and the steps are so sun damaged, they've glossed over and almost become a slip hazard. We're going to swap them out for a set of Nerf Bars eventually... Jess wants the more "offroad" look.

I like it. Did you have to crank at all to fit them?

The front appears to have already been cranked to "level" when we got it. Nothing more than that, though.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
So I did experience my first bit of rubbing. Not where you would think though, and nothing too concerning.

Was on the way to Sanford Airport from my house and, there's a section that's under construction so they have you s-curving across multiple lanes for a lanes shift. I was doing about 55 through that area and because of the uneven lanes and the speed, the suspension kinda bottomed out and I heard a slight scuff of the BACK tire on the fender... no damage done, not even a mark left, so nothing serious and we'll probably rarely experience conditions like that again.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
Replaced the TPS with a brand new AC Delco unit. No more "reduced engine power" at startup anymore!

The rubbing on the tires is a little worse than I thought. When backing out of the driveway with the wheels turned, they rub too. Never could figure out why, on any given vehicle, the wheels won't rub when turned while you're moving forward, but will rub when moving in reverse.... but anyway, still not a huge deal, but it does happen.

So now it just needs the ABS system fixed.... both brake service lights come on and stay on. There's no ABS when the lights are on and the parking brake doesn't work either... not sure if those are related or not.

Need to replace the window regulator on the driver's side rear, new front bumper, a few interior pieces, the headliner, and a paint job, and the thing will be like new again.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the TPS with a brand new AC Delco unit. No more "reduced engine power" at startup anymore!

The rubbing on the tires is a little worse than I thought. When backing out of the driveway with the wheels turned, they rub too. Never could figure out why, on any given vehicle, the wheels won't rub when turned while you're moving forward, but will rub when moving in reverse.... but anyway, still not a huge deal, but it does happen.

So now it just needs the ABS system fixed.... both brake service lights come on and stay on. There's no ABS when the lights are on and the parking brake doesn't work either... not sure if those are related or not.

Need to replace the window regulator on the driver's side rear, new front bumper, a few interior pieces, the headliner, and a paint job, and the thing will be like new again.
I’m in to see where you go with this truck! I just replaced the regulator in my drivers side door a few backs. My window got smashed in a totally stupid road rage accident and in the process the regulator got bent and wouldn’t go up and down so I opted to replace it. It’s a pretty easy job and I read in another thread that you can get the regulator I think from rock auto or another online retailer for under $100. That’s a good deal. I paid just about $100 for mine that’s because I only have two auto stores in town and one was closed on the day I needed it so I had to go with the more expensive store. Anyways... the regulator is pretty easy to remove and install a new one once you have the door panel off.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
I’m in to see where you go with this truck! I just replaced the regulator in my drivers side door a few backs. My window got smashed in a totally stupid road rage accident and in the process the regulator got bent and wouldn’t go up and down so I opted to replace it. It’s a pretty easy job and I read in another thread that you can get the regulator I think from rock auto or another online retailer for under $100. That’s a good deal. I paid just about $100 for mine that’s because I only have two auto stores in town and one was closed on the day I needed it so I had to go with the more expensive store. Anyways... the regulator is pretty easy to remove and install a new one once you have the door panel off.

Thanks! Don't expect much in the way of a build though. Basically just going to be a resto with a few custom touches. We're going to be relocating to KY next summer, so all our money is going to that right now.

Funny story about the window regulator... I've already had the thing out because I THOUGHT it was just the motor. I went against my better judgement and bought just the motor, and of course, found out the regulator was broken. So I rigged the window to stay up and now I've got to wait to be able to buy a new one... and yeah I think Rock Auto probably knows me by name by now ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14