Big Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if GM will offer the Brembo big brake kit on the new Tahoe/Yukon? They are apparently standard on the PPV and an accessory on the new Silverado.

Any aftermarket companies developing new kits?

I like big brakes and I cannot lie.....

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GM/Brembo brakes on my 2019 Denali and am finding them to be just "OK". I had the stock brakes on my previous 2016 Denali and they sucked. The aftermarket options seems much better, but then there's the issue of warranty.

OP
OP
Kpwweb

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GM/Brembo brakes on my 2019 Denali and am finding them to be just "OK". I had the stock brakes on my previous 2016 Denali and they sucked. The aftermarket options seems much better, but then there's the issue of warranty.

Are they just okay because of feel, or stopping power? Wonder if it has anything to do with the electronic brake boost?

Thank you for the reply!

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they just okay because of feel, or stopping power? Wonder if it has anything to do with the electronic brake boost?

Thank you for the reply!
I have about 18K miles on my vehicle and all 4 brakes are almost shot. I also just had all 4 rotors trued due to warping. While I may drive a little harder than the average commuter, I'm not driving on a race track. My average daily commute sees 2 or 3 70-80 to zero stops.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I have put the Baer big brake kit on with Powerstop pads. It is a huge difference from stock, I've done some high speed stops (130mph) with zero fade

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 18K miles on my vehicle and all 4 brakes are almost shot. I also just had all 4 rotors trued due to warping. While I may drive a little harder than the average commuter, I'm not driving on a race track. My average daily commute sees 2 or 3 70-80 to zero stops.

good lord that is crazy. thats way too fast for pads to go out.
i bet we both drive just as hard. & i've been on track a few times w/ mine ;)

i had to replace my 4 stoptech pads @ somewhere around 40k
they had a little meat left, but i drive hard so didnt want to wait any longer.

04chase

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is there any ~ 14" rear rotors as blanks available for the 15 gm suvs? if we could get those i could easily make a bracket for the rear to utilize a cts v 4 piston rear caliper. Just need to find a larger than stock rotor.