Big 3 upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Will this help with my lights dimming every time I hit the window switches? ( when the window maxes out at top or bottom the lights dim if you hold the switch )

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a question that I don't think has been answered yet on this:

Every person I've seen talk about this has major stereo or lighting deals, so they usually run 1/0 cable when doing this upgrade. Is there a some kind of guide to what gauge cable you really need?

Someone who is running a stock system could use.....?
Someone running a 200w sub and a 4x50w amp for door speaks could get by with....?

Right now I'm running bone stock stereo. Plan is to eventually add a 200-250w amp and sub, 4x50w for the doors. I doubt I need 1/0 for that. I know, the bigger the cable, the less resistance therefore better current flow, but I think 1/0 would be overkill. Would 4 gauge work just fine? Maybe 2 gauge?

You guys get what I'm asking here? :)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
4awg would work fine, honestly it's overkill for me to use 1/0 but I have extra laying around.

oreowizard98

Reaction score
Very good post. I hate to say I have been in car stereo for a while and never thought of all that. I did ground the battery directly to the frame and the amps as well. Real good info.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
here's a question that I don't think has been answered yet on this:

Every person I've seen talk about this has major stereo or lighting deals, so they usually run 1/0 cable when doing this upgrade. Is there a some kind of guide to what gauge cable you really need?

Someone who is running a stock system could use.....?
Someone running a 200w sub and a 4x50w amp for door speaks could get by with....?

Right now I'm running bone stock stereo. Plan is to eventually add a 200-250w amp and sub, 4x50w for the doors. I doubt I need 1/0 for that. I know, the bigger the cable, the less resistance therefore better current flow, but I think 1/0 would be overkill. Would 4 gauge work just fine? Maybe 2 gauge?

You guys get what I'm asking here? :)

overkill or not i would suggest running as large of gauge wire you can afford. there's always room for future growth that way and you won't have to pull more or new wire.

Bigsteve04Ho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The window motors suck a lotta juice. The big 3 helps some.

Sent from my A200 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442