Best time to buy a 2020 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my best deals were at the beginning of the month in feb and july. Seems everyone thinks the end of the month is good so they flood the market. No one goes at the start, and if the last month didnt meet expectations, they want to start off with a bang. Go when you see the best deal - I also look for lowest price on cars.com...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beef Action

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My buddy that works for Chevy/GMC told me that would be a good move to make around 4th of July, given that SHOULD be about the time the '21s will be on lots. However, I would offer a suggestion to consider a CPO 17-20 and leave even more money in your pocket. Granted, you'd be hard pressed to find one with a 3rd row delete, but I imagine with the savings you could find a reputable place to do that job for you.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We started looking last May. Found a couple at different dealers that we liked, test drove, made an offer. Sales guy came back with his numbers too far off to consider. Couple weeks later one called us, said they had a couple real slow weeks, been looking at offers and told us if we were interested they'd make it work. They did and we're in the new (2019) Tahoe. We've bought most of our vehicles like this, make an offer and be ready to walk. Usually won't have to walk out. Been a great vehicle so far, not too sure about the cylinder de-activation though. Works fine for gas mileage but I can feel some vibration in 4 cyl. mode at lower speeds, seems like those four pistons are working real hard. Time will tell.

And I hope the new design looks better that it does in pictures. That front end is just absurd.

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're better off looking for deals around big holiday sales where they have GM incentive/cash back/rebates as well as local deals specific to that dealership. Those are usually your biggest savings vs waiting for the 21's to drive the price down dramatically.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point just wait. The economy is heading downhill. Not many are interested in buying vehicles now. Dealers will be hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be just my state but dealers here are at the moment are not hung at all, in fact they are nonchalant to the point that they do not even send quotes out for 2020 trucks. I have tried 3 local to Raleigh dealers.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what all it covers, but...
GM is offering 84 mo 0% financing (* w/ 120 days no payment) for well qualified buyers.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still early in this virus mess. Give it time.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yup, they could sweeten the deal
once more vehicles are sitting on their lots

UNOIT

Reaction score
Have you been to a car dealer recently? It’s a ghost town, I feel like the deals should be happening now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645