Best Spark Plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I also have an 07 with 181k miles, I'm debating about getting new ones for mine.

How does your 07 run?

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I also have an 07 with 181k miles, I'm debating about getting new ones for mine.

How does your 07 run?
Car runs strong with 245k miles on it. Was a fleet car. Mostly freeway miles. Retired it a few months ago and driving it randomly CEL came on with the cylinder 1 misfire. First time ever. Also at idle it'll cut a little every few seconds but nothing like a surge. I did the sea foam, cleaned the MAF, the intake, and the TB. Nada. I also put in a new OE fuel pump about 30k miles ago. No major problems. It's been a hassle free cat except the regular maintenance. And I need to add a a qt of oil every 3k miles. But that's expected. It's build like a tank I tell you. Lol. I'm just trying to sell it and want everything taken care of for the next owner I guess.
1c072cfbc6a85e53ccec3870aedee19a.jpg

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 245k I would say yes - but to test it

Run it and open the hood at night. Look for the spark jumping to the block that would indicate a bad wire

Switch the wire to another cylinder and reset the codes. See if the code jumps to the different cylinder

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Run it and open the hood at night. Look for the spark jumping to the block that would indicate a bad wire

Switch the wire to another cylinder and reset the codes. See if the code jumps to the different cylinder
That's a great tip. I'll do that. Thanks
I did change the wires and the plugs together last time at 200k miles.

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just curious. So it does not matter which wire goes into which plug? I guess it's not like the old wires with the distributor.

Last edited:

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh I meant the whole wire, from the coil pack to the plug. Completely off and switch to another coil and plug. Just take the wire from 1 off and 2 off, and switch them. You should get a code, if it's still cyl 1 it's probably the coil pack itself. I seriously doubt it's the wires at 45K

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I changed the spark plugs with oem iridium and no more rough idle. Runs very smooth. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have my rough idle :(

I think my local Valero has water in its gas tanks. A neighbor says they definitely do in their deiesel - to the tune of $12k in damage to his truck. He has never filled. Anywhere else...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you Erik :(
I changed my plugs a while back and it cleaned up my idle a little but not much.
I'll be doing it again soon along with new wires and I may even get all new coil packs to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65