Plugs and wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winter0824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2007 yokon dinali with the 6.2 and I was wondering if ngk plugs and wires would be any good in it. The price is right but I have been told they are no good from a backyard mechanic lol what do you fellas think

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are decent BUT, if possible, you should stick with real ACDelco plugs and wires. If you do go that route, make sure you buy them from a reputable seller such as Rock Auto or directly from ACDelco for there are a lot of fake parts being sold. Be wary of stuff being sold on Amazon.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2007 yokon dinali with the 6.2 and I was wondering if ngk plugs and wires would be any good in it. The price is right but I have been told they are no good from a backyard mechanic lol what do you fellas think
I've been running NGK 7397 Iridium plugs purchased from Rock Auto in my '07 for the last 45K. Runs great, no problems. IIRC, NGK is the OE mfr for ACDelco plugs.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
There’s a lot of problems with counterfeit plugs going around, even ac Delco. I used Taylor wires on my 08 YXL Denali and it immediately settled down its rough idle. $89 below is a smok’n price. They’re spec’d for a Vette but 150% sure they fit our truck. Same product & seller from 2014 on Amazon below.

Until your sniffer can detect the fraud & scams recommend only using GM Part Store on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/..._=cm_sw_r_apin_ast_store_5926SYZ725G05Q79QHJY

Be xtra careful because Amazon will navagate you off the factory store in into counterfeit land. Here’s the iridium plugs you should be using. AC Delco 41-162. They’re good for 50-75k mi.

Amazon may be out so give the big name stores a try like AutoZone or R/A. They’re usually counterfeit free, meaning no mystery codes pop up after 1000 miles.

Also be careful on drivetrain and engine part selection. Some sites don’t take into consideration your YXL is Denali or 6.2L. Double check on the site to see it the part is compatible with an 07 Escalade being that’s what you have, but a debadged version.

OP
OP
W

Winter0824

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There’s a lot of problems with counterfeit plugs going around, even ac Delco. I used Taylor wires on my 08 YXL Denali and it immediately settled down its rough idle. $89 below is a smok’n price. They’re spec’d for a Vette but 150% sure they fit our truck. Same product & seller from 2014 on Amazon below.

Until your sniffer can detect the fraud & scams recommend only using GM Part Store on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/..._=cm_sw_r_apin_ast_store_5926SYZ725G05Q79QHJY

Be xtra careful because Amazon will navagate you off the factory store in into counterfeit land. Here’s the iridium plugs you should be using. AC Delco 41-162. They’re good for 50-75k mi.

Amazon may be out so give the big name stores a try like AutoZone or R/A. They’re usually counterfeit free, meaning no mystery codes pop up after 1000 miles.

Also be careful on drivetrain and engine part selection. Some sites don’t take into consideration your YXL is Denali or 6.2L. Double check on the site to see it the part is compatible with an 07 Escalade being that’s what you have, but a debadged version.
Thanks fella much appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts