best rear defrost cable re-attachment product...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ec07z71

Reaction score
(sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find anything by doing a forum search)

Rear defrost cable has "finally" came off the window, not a design flaw or anything :manos: Would anyone know of a good product that will create a lasting bond between the broken-off cable & the glass? All the glass places I've called charge $75+ & out of general principal I don't want to put $.01 more then I have to into fixing it as it is clearly a GM f-up they are not taking responsibility for.

Thanks,
Erik

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just resoldered mine. stayed for over 2 yrs that way and worked. I was pretty pleased!

OP
OP
ec07z71

ec07z71

Reaction score
I just resoldered mine. stayed for over 2 yrs that way and worked. I was pretty pleased!

wish I could do that but don't have a solder gun & probably would make a big mess of things if I did.

teginder81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I went to our Nappa car parts shop and they had a repair kit for $13 bucks. It's conductive epoxy and a cleaner wipe that preps the glass and end for reattachment. If you don't have a Nappa Auto, I bet any auto supply would carry similar product. Hope this helps!!

OP
OP
ec07z71

ec07z71

Reaction score
thank you both - the frost-fighter one has great reviews on Amazon -don't want to jinx you but teginder81 has Napa kit held up for you for quite some time??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave