Best place to buy gmpp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are these a good deal? From the Facebook "dash crack" group, GM isn't even covering dash cracks for those under these plans. There are so many plans who knows if they really have the same GMPP discussed here, but I would be pissed if I get a dash crack or other significant cosmetic (safety?) issue and it wasn't covered if I forked out the dough for one of these.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it for my 2016 Denali after buying the truck. I bought it from Jerry Hayes @ Bell Chevrolet Cadillac.

72 months/100,000 - $2,074 with $0 deductible.

First, thanks to this awesome site/forum/members for pointing me in the right direction. This community is fricken awesome.

Here's my take, it's worth it if you plan on keeping your truck for over 5 years. I plan on keeping my truck till the doors fall off so I need it. One major issue, and you're forking out $1,000.

Also, it does not make sense to buy it after the fact if GM offers 0% financing. They aren't right now on Yukons, but if they did, roll it into the price so you don't pay for it up front.

I had it on my 2002 Yukon and it saved me $2,800 for one visit.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, it does not make sense to buy it after the fact if GM offers 0% financing. They aren't right now on Yukons, but if they did, roll it into the price so you don't pay for it up front.

But even if you did get offered that 0%, it would be at your purchasing dealer and they wouldn't probably offer as good of a price on the GMPP as you got online anyway right? Unless you got your dealer to price match. Or am I misunderstanding? Thanks for the reply.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks to me like Greg Bell is selling GMPP which is owned by Ally and supposedly is getting discontinued soon, while Denny Menholt is selling GMEPP which is owned by GM--hard to compare apples to apples, but it sounds like GMEPP is way to go if price is close? Any other opinions?

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These three gentlemen sell the GM direct warranty at $150 - $300 above cost.

This is the new GMEPP warranty, not the GMPP. You want the GMEPP.

The original GM warranty, GMPP (GM Protection Plan), was bought out by Ally Financial during the bankruptcy. It will still be honored by GM dealers, but it will be treaded as a 3rd a party warranty as of January 1st 2016.

The new warranty is called GMEPP (GM Extended Protection Plan). This is what all the dealers are switching to this year.

Give this guy's a call. If buying from outside thier states, you don't pay tax either. Keep in mind that you can not buy an extended warranty outside the state if you live in MD or FL.

David Andrews
Bradley Chevrolet
Parker, AZ
928.669.2228 O
909.559.9636 C
[email protected]

Ken Fitchner
Denny Menholt Chevrolet
Billings, MT
[email protected]
(406) 896-3088 (Direct)

Allen Black
James E. Black Cadillac
Edensburg, PA
[email protected]
814-472-9550, ext 302

Get a quote from each and see how they match up. Based on VIN, thier prices should be considerably less then what the dealership is charging.

Also, read the print on the contract about deductibles. If you service your car at the selling dealer you purchased the warranty from, the deductible is waived. If you live more than 100 miles from where you purchased that warranty, you can request you preferred/selling dealer be changed, thus avoiding the deductible.

Matt Turley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Old thread, but venting at this point before I do any more research. Bought GMEPP, I'm at about 40k miles. 2016 Yukon Denali XL, rear passenger LED brake array "shorted out" and isn't covered. Dealer is quoting $650 to repair. What a crock of shit! Especially when the original salesperson for the car used the instrument panel dying as a reason to buy an extended warranty--sounds like two sides of the same coin to me!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts