Best place to buy extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can by the GM warranty from any dealership, doesn’t have to be the one you purchased the vehicle from. We shopped around when we bought ours and Todd Sutherland at Thompson Auto was the cheapest by a wide (huge) margin.

[email protected]

Next cheapest was Dennis Fichtner at Laurel Chevy, [email protected].

Todd was cheaper even than Dennis by about $450.

The finance manager at our dealership where we purchased the Yukon from insisted over and over he was giving us a “loss price”, he was more than double Todds price. Todd actually sent me the entire price list and then you add his fee on top so you know exactly how much he makes vs the true cost. It’s shocking how much money the dealer makes if you buy it in the finance office and don’t shop around, shocking.

Note, I am not affiliated with any of these dealers, just passing along our experiences and where you can get a better deal.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
You can by the GM warranty from any dealership, doesn’t have to be the one you purchased the vehicle from. We shopped around when we bought ours and Todd Sutherland at Thompson Auto was the cheapest by a wide (huge) margin.

[email protected]

Next cheapest was Dennis Fichtner at Laurel Chevy, [email protected].

Todd was cheaper even than Dennis by about $450.

The finance manager at our dealership where we purchased the Yukon from insisted over and over he was giving us a “loss price”, he was more than double Todds price. Todd actually sent me the entire price list and then you add his fee on top so you know exactly how much he makes vs the true cost. It’s shocking how much money the dealer makes if you buy it in the finance office and don’t shop around, shocking.

Note, I am not affiliated with any of these dealers, just passing along our experiences and where you can get a better deal.

Out of curiously - what does an extended warranty run you? What was your highest quote and what did the cheapest end up being?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this be only on a new vehicle with almost no miles? Ours is a '19 with 18K miles coming up on the three year mark on the B2B warranty. Would these rates apply?

david1523

Reaction score
I don't have any advice for where to purchase one, but before you purchase anything make sure you clarify if the warranty runs concurrently with the factory one or if it starts when the factory ends. I read about this on another forum and just canceled mine because it started on my purchase date

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts