Bent Z71 Step Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I slid off in a hole and bent the factory step bar on my 2000 Z71 OBS. It bent the brackets slightly, but also twisted the tube itself a little. Reckon there is any chance of me being able to straighten it and what should I do. Wish I could just buy another one but these things are rarer than hen's teeth.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Got pics? Kinda doubt you will be able to straighten it if it looks how I think it does. Probably just gonna have to invest in westin steps

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken them off so I don't have a pic of it installed. If you know how they look, the front of the tube bends inward. Essentially the tube was just pushed up towards the rocker panel. Looking at the tube you wouldnt know it was bent. I think Im gonna put it back on, hook a strap around it and jack it up and see it if will straighten it out. If it doesn't I haven't lost anything. I just dont want to buy aftermarket since these were original.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Hopefully that works but if not true it's oem but Weston's are nice. Almost slappe some on my 2dr but I wanted the long ones and they wouldn't work without serious modification to the mounts on them so sold them:(

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

A 2x4 and jack might work tho

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am trying to avoid that. For that price I will keep them off, I do like the look. I just liked the convenience of them getting in and out. Except for that time I Armor-All'd the piss out of the plastic step pads...............

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a set off of a wrecked for 140 shipped to my door. Gonna try to straighten mine before I jump on them though.

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I put my originals back on and couldn't get it straighetend out. I then decided I liked it better without the bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia