Belt squeek?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after replacing my intake manifold gasket on my hoe I had a horrible squeel come from my belt.. ( this is a new belt as it is ) I ended up replacing my tensioner and idler pulley as both were definitely worn out. And also replaced with a new belt. Went away for about 2000km and now it's back. I changed the belt again.. And did the same.. 2000km later its squeeking..This time it only chirps instead of full out squeel but its definitely annoying. I tried the bar of soap trick and noticed it was definitely my belt is the squeek not a bad bearing or anything.
I'm stumped now.. What else can I try?? It doesn't squeek right off start up but after a minute or so it will..
Help??

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the second new belt since the intake gasket install.
I haven't even had to do an oil change since.. And I've replaced with two belts

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up using a bar of soap on the belt.. Went away until night time so I just washed off the belt in warm water and dried it.. No squeek yet?

I got an ac delco belt 6k960 with a stock alternator...

HOEIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can screw around aligning all the pulleys like the power steering pulley but there is a TSB out for this issue and they say you have to align the pulleys with a lazer gauge to get it to stop.

OR you can do what makes sense and get a goodyear gatorback belt like I did for my dads old 97 silverado and my 99 hoe and be done with it. I'm squeek free here on the same belt for 20k miles.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19