Belt squeek?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after replacing my intake manifold gasket on my hoe I had a horrible squeel come from my belt.. ( this is a new belt as it is ) I ended up replacing my tensioner and idler pulley as both were definitely worn out. And also replaced with a new belt. Went away for about 2000km and now it's back. I changed the belt again.. And did the same.. 2000km later its squeeking..This time it only chirps instead of full out squeel but its definitely annoying. I tried the bar of soap trick and noticed it was definitely my belt is the squeek not a bad bearing or anything.
I'm stumped now.. What else can I try?? It doesn't squeek right off start up but after a minute or so it will..
Help??

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the second new belt since the intake gasket install.
I haven't even had to do an oil change since.. And I've replaced with two belts

OP
OP
B

Bowtiedtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up using a bar of soap on the belt.. Went away until night time so I just washed off the belt in warm water and dried it.. No squeek yet?

I got an ac delco belt 6k960 with a stock alternator...

HOEIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can screw around aligning all the pulleys like the power steering pulley but there is a TSB out for this issue and they say you have to align the pulleys with a lazer gauge to get it to stop.

OR you can do what makes sense and get a goodyear gatorback belt like I did for my dads old 97 silverado and my 99 hoe and be done with it. I'm squeek free here on the same belt for 20k miles.

Ken