Belltech sway bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
So now I have the rear end set up right I have belltech sway bars and I think the front is just to fat of a sway bar I broke the sway bar link it just seems there is not much room with the 3" drop spindles for that sway bar to move any ideas or has anyone run up against that problem . I think I should just go back to stock sway bar in the front ?

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
I got the sway bar links that came with the sway bars they are not short.....who makes shortened links ? not Belltech I'm pretty sure ( it's not parallel at all )

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the sway bar links that came with the sway bars they are not short.....who makes shortened links ? not Belltech I'm pretty sure ( it's not parallel at all )
Energy Suspension is who I got mine from. Here’s a link to their catalog, look on page 8 for measuring instructions and how to look up part numbers. Then you can go online and search for those parts.
http://www.carquestprofessionals.com/catalogs/high_performance/Energy Suspension 2015 Catalog.pdf

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
Funny I started looking right after I started this thread and I ordered the exact energy suspension ones that the catalog shows . the Belltech sway-bar links are over 6" between and it pushes the angle up where the bar is hitting on top . they don't have to be much shorter to work right so I got the ones 4.5 to 5.5 adjustable

StatutoryAPE

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with me eibach front bar. I even ordered the ES shorter end links that every else has linked and it still doesn't fit right. When my bar is parallel to the lca it sits too far forward and the link won't line up at all. It's like the bar needs to be pushed back like an inch on the cross member.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that same problem with my Silverado I ended up getting slotted D bushing brackets from hellwig which gave me a little wiggle room to move it back and then I drilled new holes in the control arms to mount a shorter end link, I used the mevotech ttx end links and just cut the sleeve to fit, the screw thread and nut portion of the ttx end links allow you to make it pretty short
dropp.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that same problem with my Silverado I ended up getting slotted D bushing brackets from hellwig which gave me a little wiggle room to move it back and then I drilled new holes in the control arms to mount a shorter end link, I used the mevotech ttx end links and just cut the sleeve to fit, the screw thread and nut portion of the ttx end links allow you to make it pretty short
View attachment 259338
Whose control arms are those? I don’t think you can relocate it like that on the stockers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whose control arms are those? I don’t think you can relocate it like that on the stockers.
that was the inez 4/6 kit on the Silverado (IHC is who makes it) the control arms are aluminum, I don't see why you couldn't drill thru steel also, cast iron might be a no-go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9