Belltech Part # question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
To tell you the truth I prefer the Belltech struts, just the relocators are cheaper!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its all up to the person. Ill install any kit people bring me I dont mind.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
the kit you sent is for the xl models if you want a stiff ride then you can use them no problem ive done it before.

When you say xl models, I assume you are talking about Suburbans and Yukon XL's? Belltech told me this part number was for a Tahoe, just not an LTZ.

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im no expert, but i researched this pretty well. the springs that say they dont work with autoride will fit, but will not lower the amount listed. pedders and the old eibach kit use the same springs for autoride and nonautoride. the springs fit both, but lower different amounts. With the same springs the nonautoride will sit almost an inch lower than with autoride. pedders drop 3.2 nonautoride and 2.4 autoride using the same springs. i think thats why so many people complained about eibach kits drops being inconsistent, it used to be one kit for both now they make 2 kits. my guess is that 3" coil is gonna get you about 2" of drop.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When you say xl models, I assume you are talking about Suburbans and Yukon XL's? Belltech told me this part number was for a Tahoe, just not an LTZ.

it will fit a tahoe yes also same springs just the kit comes with links for the auto levelers.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
im no expert, but i researched this pretty well. the springs that say they dont work with autoride will fit, but will not lower the amount listed. pedders and the old eibach kit use the same springs for autoride and nonautoride. the springs fit both, but lower different amounts. With the same springs the nonautoride will sit almost an inch lower than with autoride. pedders drop 3.2 nonautoride and 2.4 autoride using the same springs. i think thats why so many people complained about eibach kits drops being inconsistent, it used to be one kit for both now they make 2 kits. my guess is that 3" coil is gonna get you about 2" of drop.

So, if I were to throw in the rear 3" coils that I listed above(the ones for a non auto ride), they would not be a full 3" drop? If thats the case then that sounds like they are EXACTLY what I am looking for. All I want is a 2" max drop in the rear. I want it to look like Macky's drop, but I want to use Belltech because of the towing that I do.

If anyone else has any input on this I would much appreciate it.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I say use Pedders 2425 rear coils, then run helper bags with them when towing.
Belltech and Pedders both make thinly wound progressive coils, which wil both be effected equally when towing.
DJM makes a thick wound non-progressive 2" coil, but they may not ride so good, but can def. be towed with w/o helper bags.
But then again, if you don not have Autoride, you will get 3" of drop, not 2" like Macky, its the air links that make the difference with Pedders kit, not the coils.
This being said, get the Belltech 2-3" drop PRO rear coils, and helper bags and you are good to go.

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on towing with my pedders, but at most i only have to tow 2 crotch rockets in an open trailer, so only like 1000lbs. i'm hoping the auto level can keep everything in check. ill find out in a couple weeks-TRACKDAY!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
23305: 5305 Drop Springs + shorter bumpstops
34324: 5305 Springs, 6651 shock extensions, shorter autoride links, shorter bumpstops

Here is a set of the 5305 coils on a new body truck, net 4.5" drop once settled:

DSC00121.jpg

^^^This was before the rear settled just after installing everything. I also did the 2" 25003 belltech drop struts up front and it rode better than stock height^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali