Belltech Lift/Lowering Struts Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyTruckster17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 17' Yukon XL SLT 4WD. I would like to lower it ~1.5" in the front, as I live in the #2 city for snowfall in the country.

Can any of you guys that have the struts installed let me know how the ride quality was affected? I know Tony has set up a ton and he can get them for me, but I am interested to those that actually have them installed and what their opinion is. I already ordered the rear drop from Tony, and a set of 2" spacers to reduce the amount the kit drops.

Would love to hear from a few of you guys running them.

Thank you

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a 1" in front and 2" in the back (actually got about 2-1/2"). Not from Tony.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do a bit more research here on the forum I believe it's been posted by Tony himself that the Belltech 2" front drop spindles in fact do not offer a full "2" drop" in the front on the 4WD models. The front lowering spindles only offer a 1.5"-1.75" drop in the front depending on the stock springs used (another topic worth searching as Tony has posted numerous times about GM using different spring rates throughout same model years that can affect the drop of various lowering kits.)

That being said with drop spindles it has zero affect on the front shock travel and ride, so if you're 4WD and looking for anything less than a 2" drop in the front, I'd go with some Belltech front drop spindles.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
go with the spindles i have them here 275 shipped

carmen5.3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you end up going with the Belltech 25003 struts up front that are adjustable? I just looking on some info for my own setup that I am looking for a front drop to about 1 or maybe 1.5 inches to match better with my rear.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you end up going with the Belltech 25003 struts up front that are adjustable? I just looking on some info for my own setup that I am looking for a front drop to about 1 or maybe 1.5 inches to match better with my rear.

the spinldes will drop 1.5 inches. If you go struts i have them for 195 shipped and 25003 is not the right ones for 15 up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts