Belltech 5321 Doesn't Seem like 2" Lower???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ran into this? Had the 5305 coils on my 04 with belltech sp shocks and it sat perfect. I've been doing a bit of towing and not wanting to mess with bags, I bought a set of belltech 2 inch lowering springs, djm shock extenders, and went back with my oe nivomat shocks. It seems so high in the back!!! Its sitting at least 2 inches higher than it did with the 5305 coils. I was using the spacer so it should have been a 3 inch drop before, so I figured I would only gain an inch. Apparently not the case. Hoping someone else has ran into this and can provide some insight. I'm considering unbolting the shocks and dropping it back down to see how it sits that way. With the nivomats on extenders I figured they wouldn't be an issue but maybe I'm wrong? Thanks!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how long have you been running the coils? coils do take time to relax if they are new. id give it a couple weeks and re-eyeball it. really should have made pre measurements so you could know exactly where you are sitting after the install.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing and it's the Nivomat shocks holding it up. Once I went to belltech shocks then I got a true 3 inch drop.

OP
OP
mizzouguy

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@drakon543 yeah I got in a hurry and forgot to measure. I'll give it some time. @BADRIDES were you using shock extenders with them as well? I think next oil change I'll switch the shocks back around. Thanks to the both of you for the fast replies!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you not adjust the sensors? The bags are probably maxed out thinking the truck is overloaded and trying to compensate.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ran into this? Had the 5305 coils on my 04 with belltech sp shocks and it sat perfect. I've been doing a bit of towing and not wanting to mess with bags, I bought a set of belltech 2 inch lowering springs, djm shock extenders, and went back with my oe nivomat shocks. It seems so high in the back!!! Its sitting at least 2 inches higher than it did with the 5305 coils. I was using the spacer so it should have been a 3 inch drop before, so I figured I would only gain an inch. Apparently not the case. Hoping someone else has ran into this and can provide some insight. I'm considering unbolting the shocks and dropping it back down to see how it sits that way. With the nivomats on extenders I figured they wouldn't be an issue but maybe I'm wrong? Thanks!
You must trim or bend the bar that locates the ride height sensor.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@drakon543 yeah I got in a hurry and forgot to measure. I'll give it some time. @BADRIDES were you using shock extenders with them as well? I think next oil change I'll switch the shocks back around. Thanks to the both of you for the fast replies!
yes I have shock enxtenders

OP
OP
mizzouguy

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone ever stumbles across this in the future, I took off my nivomat shocks and extenders, and put my belltech shocks back on and low and behold (no pun intended lol) it dropped an inch! Well an inch on the passenger and 3/4 on the driver but I'm happy! To recap, I have 2 inch drop springs in the rear with the belltech shocks. Still have decent travel using the belltech bump stops so I have more faith in my towing ability! Thanks everyone for the input.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
In case anyone ever stumbles across this in the future, I took off my nivomat shocks and extenders, and put my belltech shocks back on and low and behold (no pun intended lol) it dropped an inch! Well an inch on the passenger and 3/4 on the driver but I'm happy! To recap, I have 2 inch drop springs in the rear with the belltech shocks. Still have decent travel using the belltech bump stops so I have more faith in my towing ability! Thanks everyone for the input.
Those Nivomats are pretty stiff.Resized_IMAG1300_63753070580522.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues