Belltech 2-3/4 - Autoride question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the 2-3/4 kit with DJM hardware kit last night on my '11 Tahoe LTZ. Everything went fairly smoothly, but one thing seemed odd. On the right front, the autoride link that I used from the rear seemed too short. I actually had to add spacers under the mounting bracket just to pop it on. Take a look at the picture and you'll see what I mean. The driver's side was fine. Anyone have this issue before? Anything I should worry about?

Thanks

By the way, I'm loving the way it looks right now, other than the chevy lean. Putting the spacer on the left side only didn't fix it like I thought it would...

Right front - with spacers
picture.php

Left front - no spacers
picture.php

I know, it's filthy under there. It was snowing when I pulled it into our shop.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused - your pictures are of the FRONT - what spacers are you using there with a 2" drop? I also am not aware of the need to change Front Autoride links??

I have the same Belltech kit on my truck and cannot relate to what you are asking here.

Mark

OP
OP
I

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock links in the front are about 5". After the spindles are put in, you need shorter links. Once you take off the rear links, you can use them in the front. This worked fine on the driver's side. On the passenger's side, the link was too short, so I just threw some washers under the mounting bracket so that I could pop the links on.

bodymccannx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not recall seeing that in the instructions; if all you did in the front is changed spindles, the suspension geometry does not change in as far as the control arm angle or height-to-ground is concerned, so you should not need to change the link length. By changing the spindle only, all you've done is move the wheel mounting point up by two inches.
Don't understand why the change of link length would be necessary.

Mark

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The stock links in the front are about 5". After the spindles are put in, you need shorter links. Once you take off the rear links, you can use them in the front. This worked fine on the driver's side. On the passenger's side, the link was too short, so I just threw some washers under the mounting bracket so that I could pop the links on.

no this is wrong spindles do not affect shock stroke.

There are new autoride links which you use in the rear. DO NOT TOUCH FRONT LINKS.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

you did change the rear links correct?

OP
OP
I

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sh*t! I see what happened. A few different directions came with the kit. I read that line from the wrong friggin page. Thanks guys. I'll throw it on the lift and fix it in the morning.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No problem im lowering another truck tomorrow if you need pics or any help hit me up ill send you pics or whatever you need.

And remember in rear to use the new belltech bumpstops and if its bottoming out you will need to do the free travel mod.

OP
OP
I

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. Should be a quick fix. Belltech bump stops are in and I haven't bottomed out yet. However, I'm going to shorten the rear links to 2.75" while I have the truck in the air. The only other issue would be the lean. It's more annoying and noticeable than I anticipated.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you will need to get a 3 inch machine screw to make them shorter or you can put the link thru a die and thread it fully.

You dont notice the lean as much stock height but once you lower them you will.

Also have you got a alignment on it yet??? Due to camber in front and toe the front will sit even more uneven. I would measure once the alignment is done and start from there.

also in front pass side will be higher you can do my strut mod to level it back up which will also lift up left rear a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny